Saturday, May 5, 2012

Motivational poems on life and goodness:My Comfort Zone by author unknown;Start Where You Stand by Berton Braley;Keep Them Close by Unknown;The Recompense Of Goodness by John S. Adams

My Comfort Zone
Unknown


Music:
FRANCIS GOYA - If Tomorrow Never Comes


I used to have a comfort zone
where I knew I wouldn't fail.
The same four walls and busywork
were really more like jail.


I longed so much to do the things
I'd never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone
and paced the same old floor.


I said it didn't matter that
I wasn't doing much.
I said I didn't care for things
like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with
the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for
something special of my own.


I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed
and locked the door.


If you're in a comfort zone,
afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one
time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can
make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile;
success is there for you!


Start Where You Stand
By Berton Braley


Alexander Averin Art

Start where you stand and never mind the past,
The past won't help you in beginning new,
If you have left it all behind at last
Why, that's enough, you're done with it, you're through;
This is another chapter in the book,
This is another race that you have planned,
Don't give the vanished days a backward look,
Start where you stand.


The world won't care about your old defeats
If you can start anew and win success;
The future is your time, and time is fleet
And there is much of work and strain and stress;
Forget the buried woes and dead despairs,
Here is a brand-new trial right at hand,
The future is for him who does and dares,
Start where you stand.
Keep Them Close
Unknown


Alexander Averin Art

One day a mother died.
And on that clear, cold morning,
in the warmth of her bedroom,
the daughter was struck with
the pain of learning that sometimes
there isn't any more.

No more hugs, no more lucky moments
to celebrate together,
no more phone calls just to chat,
no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most
goes away,never to return before we can
say good-bye, say "I Love You."

So while we have it … it's best we love it .
And care for it and fix it when it's broken
and take good care of it when it's sick.


This is true for marriage … and friendships!
And children with bad report cards;
and dogs with bad hips;
and aging parents and grandparents.
We keep them because they are worth it,
because we cherish them!


Some things we keep -
like a best friend who moved away
or a classmate we grew up with.
There are just some things that
make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, and so are the people we know.
And so, keep them close!

The Recompense Of Goodness
John S. Adams


WHEN our hours shall all be numbered,
And the time shall come to die,
When the tear that long hath slumbered
Sparkles in the watcher's eye,
Shall we not look back with pleasure
To the hour when some lone heart,
Of our soul's abundant treasure,
From our bounty took a part?

When the hand of death is resting
On the friend we most do love,
And the spirit fast is hasting
To its holy home above,
Then the memory of each favor
We have given will to us be
Like a full and holy savor,
Bearing blessings rich and free.

O, then, brother, let thy labor
Be to do good while you live,
And to every friend and neighbor
Some kind word and sweet smile give.
Do it, all thy soul revealing,
And within your soul you'll know
How one look of kindly feeling
Cause the tides of love to flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...