Saturday, July 7, 2012

The spiritual and love poetry of Hafiz:Saints Bowing in the Mountains/Cast All Your Votes For Dancing/Some fill with each good rain/Listen to others/An Old Musician/What is the Root

Hafiz
The persian mystic and poet
(1320-1390)

Music:
Yanni-One Man's Dream


Saints Bowing in the Mountains
Hafiz

Vicente Romero Redondo Art

Do you know how beautiful you are?
I think not, my dear.

For as you talk of God,
I see great parades with wildly colorful bands
Streaming from your mind and heart,
Carrying wonderful and secret messages
To every corner of this world.

I see saints bowing in the mountains
Hundreds of miles away
To the wonder of sounds
That break into light
From your most common words.

Tell me of squirrels and birds you know.
Awaken your legion of nightingales—
Let them soar wild and free in the sky.
And begin to sing to God.

Cast All Your Votes For Dancing
Hafiz

Hans Olaf Heyerdahl Art

I know the voice of depression
Still calls to you.

I know those habits that can ruin your life
Still send their invitations.

But you are with the Friend now
And look so much stronger.

You can stay that way
And even bloom!

Keep squeezing drops of the Sun
From your prayers and work and music
And from your companions' beautiful laughter.

Keep squeezing drops of the Sun
From the sacred hands and glance of your Beloved
And, my dear,
From the most insignificant movements
Of your own holy body.

Learn to recognize the counterfeit coins
That may buy you just a moment of pleasure,
But then drag you for days
Like a broken man
Behind a farting camel.

You are with the Friend now.
Learn what actions of yours delight Him,
What actions of yours bring freedom
And Love.


SOME FILL WITH EACH GOOD RAIN
Hafiz


There are different wells within your heart.
Some fill with each good rain,
Others are far too deep for that.

In one well
You have just a few precious cups of water,
That "love" is literally something of yourself,
It can grow as slow as a diamond
If it is lost.

Your love
Should never be offered to the mouth of a
Stranger,
Only to someone
Who has the valor and daring
To cut pieces of their soul off with a knife
Then weave them into a blanket
To protect you.

There are different wells within us.
Some fill with each good rain,
Others are far, far too deep
For that.

Richard Johnson Art

It Happens All The Time In Heaven
Hafiz

It happens all the time in heaven,
And some day

It will begin to happen
Again on earth -

That men and women who are married,
And men and men who are
Lovers,

And women and women
Who give each other Light,

Often will get down on their knees
And while so tenderly
Holding their lover's hand,

With tears in their eyes,
Will sincerely speak, saying,

"My dear,
How can I be more loving to you;

How can I be more
Kind?"


Ladislas Wladislaw von Czachorski Painting

How Do I Listen?
Hafiz

How
Do I
Listen to others?

As if everyone were my Master
Speaking to me
His
Cherished
Last
Words.

An Old Musician

How
Should
Those who know of God
Meet and
Part?

The way
An old musician
Greets his beloved
Instrument
And will take special care,
As a great artist always does,
To enhance the final note
Of each
Performance.

What is the Root?

What
Is the
Root of all these
Words?

One thing: love.
But a love so deep and sweet
It needed to express itself
With scents, sounds, colors
That never before
Existed.

2 comments:

  1. what an amazing and beautiful site - *thank you x:) I just discovered the poem by hafiz 'bowing in the mountains' and went a searching and found your site. I shall certainly return to it again and again. it has indeed lifted my soul. love to you and many thanks too! Lisa from England x:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for visting my blog and for your kind words about the site; I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...