Wednesday, November 21, 2012

there is only the tea, and me, converging. by Thich Nhat Hanh


Vladimir Volegov Art

Tea is an act complete in its simplicity.
When I drink tea, there is only me and the tea.
The rest of the world dissolves.

There are no worries about the future.
No dwelling on past mistakes.
Tea is simple: loose-leaf tea, hot pure water, a cup.

I inhale the scent, tiny delicate pieces of the tea floating above the cup.
I drink the tea, the essence of the leaves becoming a part of me.
I am informed by the tea, changed.

this is the act of life, in one pure moment, and in this act the truth of the world suddenly becomes revealed: all the complexity, pain, drama of life is a pretense, invented in our minds for no good purpose.

there is only the tea, and me, converging.
Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...