Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day Quotes


Valentine's Day, Feb. 14, can be a day of love or dread because of its emphasis on roses, chocolate, candlelight and expensive dates. However, it can also simply be about taking special care to show your love and appreciation for the people who are special to you. Many great religious thinkers and spiritual texts have offered thoughts on the power of love In the name of deepening the meaning of this day,I compiled some of the most loving wisdom.


Love is a consistent passion to give, not a meek persistent hope to receive.The only demand of life is the privilege to love all.
Swami Chinmayananda

Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
C.S. Lewis

We cannot love unless we have accepted forgiveness,and the deeper our experience of forgiveness is,the greater is our love.
Paul Tillich


Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.
Song of Solomon 8:6 (NIV)


Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge,I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The LORD do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me.
Ruth 1:16-17 (NKJV)


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails...
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (NIV)


A lover is always accused of something. But when he finds his love, whatever was lost in the looking comes back completely changed.
Rumi

Love is for vanishing into the sky. The mind,for learning what men have done and tried to do.
Rumi


Our union is like this:

You feel cold so I reach for a blanket to cover
our shivering feet.

A hunger comes into your body so I run to my garden and start digging potatoes.

You asked for a few words of comfort and guidance and
I quickly kneel by your side offering you
a whole book as a
gift.

You ache with loneliness one night so much
you weep, and I say

here is a rope, tie it around me,
Hafiz will be your
companion for
life.
Hafiz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...