Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Go To Nature by John Burroughs-Inspirational Nature Quotes


I go to books and to nature as the bee goes to a flower,
for a nectar that I can make into my own honey.

Joy in the universe, and keen curiosity about it all -
that has been my religion.

Close scrutiny of an object in nature will nearly
always yield some significant fact.

In the order of nature we may behold the ways of the Eternal.

To the scientist Nature is a storehouse of facts, laws, processes;
to the artist she is a storehouse of pictures; to the poet she is
a storehouse of images, fancies, a source of inspiration;
to the moralist she is a storehouse of precepts and parables;
to all she may be a source of knowledge and joy.
John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...